Not everyone has a great relationship with their parents, but that doesn’t mean it can’t improve. Especially as a first-generation American child, I think it’s important to know your parents’ life stories to understand how their experiences shape their opinions and mindset. In doing so, we can close the cultural and generational gaps between us and our parents. In part one of this miniseries, my dad shares his story of moving after the fall of Vietnam to America and his thoughts on parenting millennials. In part 1, he discusses his experience taking odd jobs until he eventually gained the skills to become a mechanical engineer.
ADULTING WITH VICKY PODCAST ▹ #4 Meet my dad pt. 1
ORIGINALLY RELEASED ▹ April 11, 2018
‣ FINDING WORK – 4:05
‣ MILLENNIALS IN THE WORKPLACE – 11:30
‣ GETTING YOUR PARENTS TO UNDERSTAND YOU – 14:17
FOLLOW ME ▹
‣ Adulting with Vicky Intro – SHDW
‣ Sampled from SWV – Anything [Feat. Wu-Tang Clan]
‣ Graphic by Victoria Nguyen
‣ Illustration by Michelle Tam ‣ https://bit.ly/2SoxoQJ
FTC ‣ This is NOT a sponsored video.